How to Choose the Best Roof for Your Commercial Property in Port Orchard
When you’re choosing a roofing material for your commercial roof in Port Orchard there are a few important factors that you’ll want to carefully weigh and consider to make the best decision for your property.
Type of Business
What type of business do you have? An industrial warehouse will not have the same roofing needs as a multi-family apartment complex or a small retail property. Determining your business needs will help you choose the roof that’s most appropriate for your property.
Climate and Location
You’ll want to take into account the way the elements and surrounding environment may take a toll on your roof. The weather patterns and climate in Port Orchard should play a major role in your decision as well as more specific location considerations like the number of trees and type of wildlife in your area.
Does your business have financial constraints that you’ll need to consider? A new commercial roof is a major investment for your property. Port Orchard Roofing will work with you to balance your needs for a properly functioning roof with the budget requirements of your business.
Are you in need of a temporary fix or are you ready to invest in something with a long lifespan that will last you for many years to come? The length of time you need the roof to last can have a big impact on your decision.
Metal Commercial Roofs
Metal roofs can be an excellent choice for any property owner and come with distinct benefits for commercial property owners and managers.
There are many major benefits to choosing a metal roof for your commercial property in Port Orchard.
- Metal roofs are available in a variety of materials and styles.
- Metal roofs are available at multiple price points to work with many different budgets.
- Metal has a long life expectancy – usually 30-50 years or more!
- Metal roofs are very durable and not susceptible to major storm damage, insect infestation, or mildew.
- Metal roofs are relatively easy to install and are lightweight.
- Metal roofs are very energy efficient and can save your business money on heating and cooling costs.
- Metal roofs are very low-maintenance.
While metal is a wonderful choice for many property owners it does have some drawbacks.
- Metal is a relatively expensive roofing option.
- Metal will expand and contract with temperature changes which can make them susceptible to damage at the seams.
- Some metal roofs can be noisy in severe weather.
- Depending on the particular metal, some roofs will be prone to denting and corrosion.
- Metal roofs can be difficult to repair.
Modified Bitumen Commercial Roofs
Modified bitumen roofs are a popular choice for many commercial property owners in Port Orchard. Modified bitumen is a single-ply roofing membrane composed of an elastomeric base sheet that is laminated to a layer of asphalt.
Modified bitumen roofing has quite a few advantages for commercial property owners in need of a new roof.
- Modified bitumen performs well in cold weather, which makes it well suited to the Port Orchard climate.
- Modified bitumen roofs have cold-adhesive options which is helpful for properties that can’t use heat applications.
- Modified bitumen is energy efficient with heat reflective properties and can help save on heating and cooling costs.
- If your carbon footprint is on your mind, modified bitumen is recyclable and eco-friendly.
- Modified bitumen is a very durable roofing system.
- Modified bitumen is one of the longest-lasting commercial roofing systems on the market.
Even the best products have their downsides, and modified bitumen roofing is no exception to that rule.
- Bitumen materials can release fumes that can be irritating.
- Modified bitumen roofs can cause discoloration.
- Modified bitumen is flammable which can make it easier for fires to spread.
- Installation requires specialized equipment.
- Installation can be difficult and must be done by a professional.
- Repairs to modified bitumen can be expensive and difficult.
- Modified bitumen roofs can be high-maintenance.
Do you still need help choosing the best roof for your Port Orchard commercial property? Call the reputable roofing contractor in Port Orchard, today, to discuss your options and find the solution that is best for you!